Turning Over a New Leaf | UPDATE: May 2017

Welcome to the new blog.

First things first, if you wish to read the old blog (and learn why the Canadian broadcasting industry sucks so bad), I've relocated it to 149kidkira.blogspot.com. Read at your own discretion. This new blog is strictly for updates on my YouTube channel and anything else I feel like writing about.

On to the business at hand, I've almost completed work on Great Mission, Part II. Not only that, but I was feeling productive last night and started filming and recording scenes for Great Mission, Part III.

As I've said in an earlier Facebook post, the reason why it takes me so long to make these films is because I don't want to rush through them. I want everything to be as perfect as I can make them and I don't want to overexert myself. I'm aware of the modding scene in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but I don't have the patience to learn how to mod for a new game (nor do I have the money to buy a bigger SD Card) just to film a machinma. I've fine with the barebones game assets for now, unlike the other guys, I have enough experience to make my machinima look less like a bad video game commentary, if you know what I mean.

I do miss my blue Pikachu Brawl texture, though.

I will admit that Great Mission, Part III, however, had a lot of improv involved. I couldn't come up with a good enough script, so I played around in the game for a bit. I must say, I'm REALLY liking what I've done so far, and I hope you do too. Then again, there's no such thing as bad publicity and it's not like I'm getting views on YouTube anyways.

As the whole, Great Mission will only be about 4-5 parts, including an epilogue. Super Smash Sisters (working title) will be my regular machinima series from now on, but the Great Mission miniseries is a more of a standalone prequel. The "regular series" won't have any ongoing storylines at all. Think Sonic Boom if the games were just as good as the TV show, as opposed being as terrible as any bad Sonic game.

This means SmashVine will now be the back-up feature for the channel, natch. But on that note, I have a TON of filler videos to keep the channel occupied while you wait for the next two installments of Great Mission. I love how, FOR ONCE, I didn't jinx myself when I said I was gonna upload new videos every week back at the start of January. Granted, that was after a two-month hiatus, but I had a legit reason for not uploading videos at the time.

It's so refreshing to be able about to talk about machinima and things I like, instead of ranting about things I can't control. Make no mistake, I'm not done with the rants (except for television, maybe), I just want to do something positive for a change.

Popular Posts